wallpaper

Friday, March 1, 2013

Is it Spring yet?


As I sit here watching snow falling quietly on my deck, I'm wondering where Spring is?  Regardless of the weather and the tricks it's playing on me, I decided to change out the house decor and usher spring in.  I've been busy crocheting some really cute Easter eggs for my tree (pattern below). I used the left over roses from Ari's wedding flowers to make a pretty little center piece for my kitchen table.  Now I have a reminder of a very special day!  



Easter Egg Pattern

sc-single crochet
sc dec-single crochet decrease
st-stitch
slst-slip stitch
 
G hook

Worsted weight yarn (I used 100% cotton)
 
Working in the round.  You may want to mark the beginning of each row.

Rnd 1:  Magic Ring, 1 sc, 5sc in ring. 5sc
Rnd 2:   2sc in next sc around. 10sc
Rnd 3:   2sc in next sc, 1sc in next sc around. 15sc
Rnd 4:  2sc in next, 1 sc in next 2 sc around. 20sc
Rnd 5-8:  1sc in each st around. 20sc
Start stuffing the egg.
Rnd 9:  (sc dec, sc in next 3 st around) repeat 4 times. 16sc
Rnd 10:  sc in each st around. 16sc
Rnd 11:  (sc dec, sc in next 2 st) repeat 4 times. 12sc
Rnd 12:  sc in each st around.  12 sc.
Finish stuffing.
Rnd 13:  (sc dec, sc in next 1 st) repeat 4 times. 8sc
Rnd 14:  (sc dec, sc in next 2 st) repeat 1 time. Slst in next sc.  Tie off.  6sc.  Using darning needle, pull yarn through top of sc’s and pull snug to close off opening.   







1 comment:

  1. Awesome! These decorations make me so happy :)
    I probably won't get much more crocheting done in the next two months, but maybe next year...
    I especially love the bunny ears on the bear !

    ReplyDelete

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...