wallpaper

Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Gift

 
Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Community College (then Owens Technical College).  I was a student and received aid working in the Financial Aid Office.  I was taken in by a group of ladies I'll always treasure and remember fondly.  They saw me through school, getting married and sent me off with well wishes when we left for California, the first of many new homes.  I was a young girl and a couple of them could have been my grandmas.  They were friends I loved and, as with every move we've made, hated to leave behind. 



One of these sweet ladies, now 89 years old, bundled up a pile of cards and letters and pictures that I have sent to her over the past 30 something years and sent them to me.  I got chocked up before even reading her letter just looking at this pile and thinking that she'd saved these all these years!  Maybe because it's Christmas time and emotions run high, but every time I think about this I cry.









The pile is wonderful and I hope to share soon with my family, but the gift truly was the value she placed in me and how fondly she thought of me.

 
Often, during our time away from Ohio, I've felt forgotten or at least wondered if people care about you after you are gone.  I don't know if she'll read this or ever know how much this means to me.  Christmas this year will be hard for me as I'll be away from family.  There are only a handful of them that we have been away for over the years.  I think this Christmas I will take time to remember all of your beautiful faces, people we have met far and wide.  Know you are thought of by me and treasured even if our paths never cross again.  Blessings to you all this Christmas!!

Love, Aimee


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...