wallpaper

Monday, June 10, 2013

Babies Are Back

The baby cardinals came back!  It's amazing to me that such a simple thing can bring so much joy.  Sitting on the deck, I heard their little chirps, familiar but different.  Somehow, before I saw them, I knew.  When I looked to see what it was, there they were sitting on the wall. 

Read about their start in this world, here.

I didn't think I'd know what happened to them once they left the nest, or if they would even survive.  They were so tiny, so fragile, but they did and here they were tail feathers growing strong...soon strong enough to fly off on their own.  I watched them play and eat for a while.  It didn't take long for momma to arrive continuing to watch over, protect, guide. 


 
Does she know how short her time is?  Does she realize that soon they will leave?  Will what she taught them be enough?  I wanted to tell her that soon she'd have to let go.  That she will watch them fly away, she will watch them make decisions that will hurt them, she won't be able to protect them like she can now.  There is coming a time when all she can do is trust in what she taught them and that they will see the right way, trust in her God to guide their paths, protect them from harm, and bring them back.  I wish I could tell her that broken hearts mend, that peace that surpasses all understanding can and will replace the fear and anxiety. 



My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart,
 for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity.  3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.  4Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
                                                                         Proverbs 3:1-4 NIV
 
Start children off on the way they should go,
and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
                                                                       Proverbs 22:6 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...