wallpaper

Friday, September 7, 2012

The Anniversary

26 years...yes, dear, it was 26 not 27!! On September 6th, 26 years ago, at 19 years old, I married my high school sweetheart. No one believes we've been together that long. We hear it all the time, "No way," "I'd have never thought you had kids old enough to be married and in college," "You're too young." I love that last one, thankful the wrinkles haven't caught up with us yet! We sort of have an anniversary tradition. He actually used to buy me a rose for every year. But when we went over 2 dozen, I kind of told him it wasn't necessary. Well, this year, he came in the door, hoping I wouldn't be disappointed, empty handed and explained how he'd been to two flower shops that were either closed or no longer in business. I told him I wasn't disappointed, however, I'd love a new bead for my Pandora bracelet. There's always a way to a girl's heart!! So, that night we had dinner down the street at the Wildflower Restaurant in the Central West End, St. Louis, and the next day made a trip to the mall. And, by the way, the dinners at the Wildflower were excellent. We were so full from appetizers and the meal, we had to take our dessert home...chocolate cream-filled cannolis.  I thank God for the man He gave me to spend my life with.  He is adventurous and full of life and I am glad I'll have him by my side for this next chapter in our life...it's just the two of us again!!


1 comment:

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...