wallpaper

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day Weekend at the Lake

I was so ready for a break after all the craziness of August.  So, John and I, decided to spend it up in Coldwater.  When I think of going to Coldwater Lake, I think of rest and relaxation and I was not disappointed.  It's also a nice time to catch up with the in-laws.  Beth and Steve and the kids were also there along with friends of theirs.  It was a great way to end the summer, watching sunsets, boating on the lake, walks around the island, and catching up with family.  And although we were there to enjoy the summer sun, you could just start to feel a little bit of fall in the air.

We were driving up when tears filled my eyes, which seems to be happening a lot lately, and I realized this was our first trip to the cottage without our girls or at least one of them.  Proof that life is changing and things aren't the same.  I have to get used to this "doing things by ourselves" phase. 









 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...