wallpaper

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sedona hiking-Part 2

I'm not much of a hiker...hate the heat and the aching back that follows.  However, we found some shorter hikes to take and spent every morning out walking.  It's the best way to get beautiful pictures, and so I endured the hiking.  I have to admit...it was worth every drop of sweat and the sore back that, after 4 days, did hit.  The views were gorgeous.  The area is well known  for it's vortexes (natural magnetic forces) and so we thought we'd try to find several of them.  You're supposed to be able to feel it...guess I'm not in tune to the earth...cause I wasn't feelin' it!  The New Agers build all these little rock teepees...it was a weird sight out in the middle of the mountains.  Here's John being goofy...I asked him if he was "feelin it". 

We took one a-bit-longer hike.  Was supposed to be a 2.5 mile hike to valley, however 1 1/2 hours later we still weren't even close.  I stopped for a while in the shade and some passersbys said it was at least another hour down.  Ummm...I don't think so!  John had gone on a little further and when he came back we headed back to the car.  I was exhausted and thirsty...ran out of water about 20 minutes before we got back...yeah...not a good thing in the desert.
Here are few pictures from that hike.

Enchantment Resort set in the Boynton Canyon
We would love to stay here next time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow and Wow! There is no better way to describe these pics. So jealous that I couldn't see it all with you!! Dudley Do Right (my Golden Greek) would have had a blast eating prickly pear cactus!!

    ReplyDelete

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...