wallpaper

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Cambridge at Night

John and I have been enjoying our end of summer evening walks in Cambridge.  It's great during the day but even more beautiful as dusk sets upon it.   Our days are getting shorter fast as fall comes.  I started seeing some color change a couple weeks ago, but it is now starting to show more noticeably, a couple of the trees are turning yellow and orange.  I'll fall photos soon...can hardly wait!

The tree in front of King's College Chapel is a Eurasian Horse Chestnut known in the states as a Buckeye tree.  It's a fall practice to go conker (buckeye) hunting.  There's also a game called Conkers.  "Oddly oddly onker my first conker".  Saying this when finding your first conker is supposed to bring good fortune for the following season. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...