wallpaper

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wine Cork Boards

When John started saving wine corks, I never expected to fill up both a basket and a vase full.  I'd had an idea some time ago to make cork boards out of the corks.  My daughter, Beki, and I saw some different versions on Pinterest and it got me actually wanting to put these together.  I found these cute corkboard frames at Kohls for 50% off in the frame section.  I paint stained some of the corks in a cream and a brick color.  Then started hot gluing them in place, using a serrated knife to cut some of them to fit on the odd rows.  It took approximately 140 wine corks!  I love how they turned out and it was such an easy project.  Not sure why I put off making them for so long!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...