wallpaper

Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Nests

Today it's hitting 72 degrees.  It's been a long, cold winter for a lot of us.  Glad to be seeing the end of winter.  I wanted to post something to help usher in the warmer weather and am going back to a project I did last Spring.  I couldn't post then because one was for my sister's birthday and I didn't want her to see the post before she got her gift in July. 

I bought some wooden eggs at Hobby Lobby and painted them a solid aqua color.  You can use any shade of blue.
 
 Then spattered them with a contrasting color by putting a small amount on a paint brush and flicking the bristles.  I used brown and cream.
 
The cute little porcelain birds I found at Michaels Craft Store.

 
I put it all together in a cute hat/gift box tied up with a pretty bow.  I'm using a wooden bowl for mine and I put my sister's in a black iron bowl.  They would also be cute put under glass.  It's a simple gift and it's a great time of year to find the eggs at the craft stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...