wallpaper

Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Greetings


Friends and Family,

It's been a simple year here for us.  After being in the new house a full year now, we are getting used to our new surroundings.  Love living in the hills of Missouri...what beautiful falls we have here!  The homefront is quiet now that both girls are off on their own.  Believe it or not, it's been almost two years since the wedding.   The newlyweds are doing well.  Ari graduates from Missouri State University this December 13th with a degree in Organizational Leadership and Communications.  She's glad to be done with school and hopes to land a job soon.  Anthony recently interviewed for and accepted a new job.  They are moving the end of December into a new apartment and are excited to be starting the next chapter in their life.  Beki started her 2nd year at Missouri State as well and is busy, busy, busy with classes, sorority, and her job.  She spent the summer home with us, but chances are that will have been her last summer home as she and friends want to get into an apartment this next summer.  She announced that she'd love to go to law school and is pursuing a degree in Criminology. 

The empty nest has been good to us this year, we did a little traveling.  John's family met in June in the Outer Banks for a wonderful week on the beach.  Soon after the beach, John had a 7-week trip to England in July and August and after Beki left for school, I joined him for two and a half weeks in Cambridge and London.  After 27 years of going there, John finally got to show me all the places he loves in England.  In late September we headed out west to see Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park.  Due to the government shutdown, we weren't able to see Canyonlands which was disappointing.  We ended up spending a couple extra days in the Colorado mountains.  Check out the blogs archive for beautiful photos of all our trips this year.


October and November have been a blur of visitors.  Its been a lot of fun to share our new home with family.  John still works for the US government, but is looking forward to a day when he can "retire" and do something he loves like working in a national park!   I continue to work with my photographs and blogging.  I've had a small bit of business this year.  In June I kicked off my Etsy shop where I sell photographs, canvas prints and baby items for photographers and moms.  It's been enough to keep me busy around all the trips.  It was very exciting when I sold my first canvas print! 

I've fallen in love with a crazy little black kitten...Ebony. 


She's our newest addition and has filled our quiet home with lots of activity and mischief.  Sapphie, our 12 year old cat, has had a bit of a hard time adjusting, but I'm sure soon they will be friends.  Frosty, who is now 15 years old, is still with us but his age is showing as he is losing his eyesight and hearing.  Poor boy! 

This has been a year of JOY for me and I've discovered so much through my photography and counting my blessings!  I hope to continue through next year.  God has been good to us and we continue to be grateful for all His blessings.  May you all experience Christ's love this Christmas.  Blessings to you all this new year! Merry Christmas!

Love,

John and Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...