wallpaper

Thursday, January 3, 2013

White as Snow

We had all hoped for a white Christmas this year. But instead of snowing on Christmas, it showed up a day late.  I woke up on the 26th and everything was coated in white.  It was beautiful and I decided to take a walk through the woods around my in-laws home.  What is it about a fresh snow?  It's like it calls my name and whispers, "Come spend time with me."  I bundled up with coat, gloves, scarf and boots and made my way through this winter wonderland.  I was in a world of white lace...every branch was lined with snow.


As I walked the path through the trees, there was a hush all around, it was so peaceful, quiet, and clean.  Except for a few animal prints in the snow, there was nothing marring the snow.

It was a reminder of yet another of God's promises...the gift of grace.  He will remove our sins and make them as white as snow.  Christmas time is over, people are taking down the decorations.  However, let's not forget that Christ came not for a day or a season, but forever.  To all who believe, like the snow blankets the earth, His grace covers us making us white as the snow, pure and clean. 



This big guy lives across the street.  I went over to try to get some pictures, but, as you can see above, he was way across the field.  I crossed the street to head back, stopped to take a couple pics.  He started mooing at me and when I looked over, he was half way across the field.  I knew he was calling me so I went back across the street and he practically ran over to the fence to greet me.  What a sweet ole guy!

Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, and let us reason together," says the Lord, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

Love,
    ~Aimee

1 comment:

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...