wallpaper

Monday, January 7, 2013

Joy Dare

I ran into a coincidence of sorts last week.  I was browsing a friend's blog list when I saw this link, A Holy Experience.  I clicked on it and thought, "what a beautiful blog site." I had no idea who she was so I started clicking through posts, getting a feel for who the writer was and what she was trying to share when I realized that she had recently written a book that was just given to me as a gift from my MIL.  I hadn't had a chance to pick up the book yet, but after visiting the website, I couldn't resist.  The book, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, is a gift in and of itself.  She beautifully writes of how to have joy in your life through thanksgiving and dares us to try it...find fullness of life through being thankful.  I'm only through Chapter 3 right now, but it's already made me stop and reassess my life.

Why don't I feel God near?

Why do I let negative things and experiences control me?

Why can't I always feel happy?

How can I change my life?

How do I know God better?
There are so many things that zap our joy, a hurtful word, sickness, a wayward child, disappointment.  We tend to focus on the negative, letting it soak into our spirit and harden our hearts.  It's time to take back control. So today I started my dare...I wrote down three things I'm thankful for.

1. Time with my family.
2. The purr of a kitten.
3.  My husband saying goodbye when he leaves, "I Love You."




I would challenge you to give it a try...read the book and let's see how we can change our lives for joy!

I DARE YOU!





Love,
              Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...