wallpaper

Friday, September 14, 2012

Missing

It's been a hard couple weeks, full of changes.  I insisted on treating the "living in an apartment" as an extended vacation.  I guess it helped me justify living in cramped quarters, going down three flights three times a day with the dog, and not having the luxuries of home.  Well, that is wearing off and I think I'm homesick!  I miss my home...I miss my neighborhood...I miss my friends...I miss the noise of childhood...I miss the music and the voice of my youngest as she filled the rooms with song...I miss sitting on the front porch...I miss my hummingbirds!!  The other night, I fell asleep in tears, no one knew.  It was just one of those moments, I didn't wish to share with anyone.  I prayed...what else do you do in times like those.  I prayed for peace, for something to quiet my heart, for the safety of my girls, and for the family now living in my home.  I fell asleep.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...