wallpaper

Friday, August 31, 2012

Bubble Tea




John and I are sitting at this little Vietnamese restaurant, Little Saigon on Euclid Ave., when I look up across the street and see this.


I got so excited when I realized this was the place that my good friend, Michelle, used to talk about all the time.  We never got a chance to try Bubble Tea while she lived here, but when we went to Hawaii, she took us to a little place that made them.  I couldn't resist.  After dinner, I indulged myself in a mango tea.  What is "Bubble Tea," also known as Boba Tea?  It's a Taiwanese, smoothie-type drink with a hint of tea and bobas added in, I think, just for fun.  Bobas are tapioca mixed into the smoothie and are sucked up through a large straw.  Yeah!  It was weird at first, but now I'm hooked!  Thanks, Michelle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...