wallpaper

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Table Facelift

 
I remember the year I bought this pretty little table.  My Aunt Sharon was visiting and we went shopping at an antique mall in Nebraska.  So, yeah, it's been around for awhile.  Haven't lived in Nebraska since 2002.  Here are a couple before pictures.  You can see there was some damage to the finish on the top, but it's a sturdy little table.
 
 
 
I loved the carved rose and the frilly handle on this table, but I always wanted to do something different with the finish...repaint, restain.  Anyways, I finally decided to paint it.  I had some left over Sherwin Williams To Go paint in the perfect color. 

After a light sanding, I applied two coats of paint. 
 
 


For the highlights, I added a whitewash in white chalk paint to the grooves and the carved flower.  After a good drying time, I applied a wax and buffed.  Using a glossy white spray paint, I applied several coats of paint on the handle.  I've been debating on whether to apply a polycrylic topcoat.  It has turned out way better than my expectations!


 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...