wallpaper

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pear Honey Syrup

 
I made this super easy recipe last week for the kids when they were in town visiting and realized I needed to share.  It's one of my fall time favorites.  Can be served alone or over pancakes, French toast, or biscuits.  Pour warm syrup over biscuits and top with vanilla ice cream. 

 


PEAR HONEY SYRUP
 
2 tablespoons butter
7 large pears, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup orange juice
 
Melt butter in sauce pan.  Stir in pears, sugar, and honey.  Simmer 15 minutes, stirring often, until juices thicken.  Remove from heat.  Stir in orange juice.  Will keep up to 2 weeks.  Serve warm or cool.
 





 
Enjoy!


 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...