wallpaper

Monday, October 3, 2011

Sun Stars and Lens Flares

When John had the idea to shoot the Arch with the sun behind it, I was reminded of something I had read about creating sun stars in photography.  This can be done with any kind of lights...tree lights, street lights, sun, stars.  In manual mode, set your aperture really high like f18-f22, then adjust your other settings for correct exposure.  Here are a few I created this weekend. 

My aperture wasn't high enough to create the sun star in this first one, but I got a lens flare, which still gave it a nice effect.



This, although looks like a night shot, was taken late morning.







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...