Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Elephant Crochet Afghan

 
This adorable elephant afghan just shipped out to our newest family member a few days ago.  This was my first time making this style blanket and not sure I'd do it again.  It was a lot like counted cross-stitch trying to keep track of all the stitches in each row.  The pattern I used was from www.patternworld.co.uk, Three Elephants.  As you can see, I did some color changes to match our little guys room which they were doing in elephants.  It's an easy pattern to follow.  Just be sure to print it out and mark your rows completed when done as it made it easier to keep track of where I was.

I used a G hook with Drops Muskat 100% cotton DK yarn from Wool Warehouse for the body.  Even going down to a G hook size for the border, I still got a little bit of buckling.

Here are the amounts of yarn I used.

1 - 50 gr. - black -17
1 - 50 gr - vanilla ice - 30
2 - 100 gr. - ice blue - 60
3 - 150 gr. - sky blue - 76
11 - 550 gr. - lt grey - 19


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It


Pin It!