wallpaper

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Temperature Blanket

Last year this time, I decided to start a crocheted Temperature Blanket running January to December 2016.  Afraid that it was going to turn out huge, I tried a variety of stitches to see what would work best.  The Linen Stitch or also know as the Moss Stitch was the best fit for what I needed.  I used Stylecraft Special DK yarn with a G hook.  I kept a rolling list of each days high temperature and crossed off each day as I finished it.


My temperature chart consisted of 12 sections in 5 degree Fahrenheit increments.  I used at least 2 skeins of each color.  Unfortunately, I didn't keep very good track over the year as to how many I went back to buy. Show above on a queen size bed





0-35     Grey
36-40   Clematis
41-45   Wisteria
46-50   Aster
51-55   Sherbet
56-60   Dark Green (Not sure which shade)
61-65   Meadow
66-70   Lemon
71-75   Apricot
76-80   Shrimp
81-85   Pomegranate
86-up   Claret

Here in the UK, we had very few Dark Red days and only one Grey.


Wanting to keep the border fairly simple, I used the interlocking border stitch found here.  My finished size ended up about 50 x 80 inches.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...