wallpaper

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Lincoln, England

John and I took an overnight trip to visit Lincoln, England, another cathedral city.  There's a street called Steep Hill which is just that a really steep hill.  I went up and down it 3 times in 24 hours!  It was a very pretty city.  We toured the Guildhall, the Lincoln Cathedral, the Lincoln Castle, and the ruins of the Bishop's Palace.  On display at the Castle was the Poppy Wave Sculpture and just that morning the copy of the Magna Carta had been returned for display.

We got a lot of great photos of Lincoln, so I'm going to have to break it up a little.  This post focuses on the city itself...architecture, street scenes.  I'll post separate entries for the castle and cathedral which were both spectacular and warrant their own post.

Getting close to top of Steep Hill...what a climb!
 Looking back down Steep Hill.

Historic part of the city looking back over the modern part.


 Canals





My kind of store!

Looking up Steep Hill





Lincoln Cathdral





View from our hotel, The Doubletree, which sat right on the river as well.


 Local canals


Moving along Steep Hill








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...