wallpaper

Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Vintage Christmas

I know I've written about St. Charles, MO's, Christmas festival before.  But, it's one of my favorite Christmas activities.  And, anyone, who has visited us during Thanksgiving, has had the opportunity to join us.  There's just something about stepping back in time, taking a moment to breathe in the sights and sounds of Christmas, to remember the reason we even celebrate Christmas.  Every year, St. Charles kicks off their celebrations the Friday after Thanksgiving.  We love to see all the lights and garland and chat with the Dicken's characters.  I was accused by Scrooge of owing him money and I'd better pay up.  This year, John and I went down in time to see the tree lighting.  We sipped a little spiced wine and did a little shopping where I found two new beautiful ornaments to add to our tree.

This one to represent our beautiful Sapphie. 
...and this one to remember getting Ebony last year right before Halloween.  She loves hanging out under the Christmas trees.






 








 
Take some time out during this season to do fun things with your family and friends.  It doesn't have to be stressful...remember you are making memories!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...