wallpaper

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Side Table Refurb

I know I've been MIA for a while, but this has been a crazy spring and summer.  Hoping to get back to normal here soon. 

While browsing the antique mall this past week with my sister, who was visiting, I found this little side table.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  It started out like this...


 
I gave it a quick sanding to remove some of the reddish stain on the edges, then painted it with chalk paint.  I had to apply 2 coats of paint in order to cover that dark stain.  Found a beautiful French typography over at The Graphics Fairy website.  To get the transfer onto the top, I printed a flipped image on my ink jet printer.  I used 3M sticker paper by removing the stickers and printing onto the smooth finish where the stickers had been.  Because the ink stays wet, I carefully laid the image onto the top of the table and transferred it using a plastic scrapper.  The ink is not waterproof so in order to apply the water based wax, I first sprayed the image with a matte sealant.  After that was good and dry, I applied 2 coats of the cream wax.  Went to look for a drawer pull and was pleasantly surprised at what I found at Hobby Lobby!  They have a great collection.  I also found the burlap liner in the scrapbook paper section. :o)
 

 


I Love It!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...