wallpaper

Thursday, March 24, 2011

March Whirlwind

The month has completely gotten away from me.  I didn't realize I hadn't posted anything in 3 weeks and so much has happened.  I've been glued to Fox News a lot lately as it seems our world is turning upside down.  My dear friend, Atsuko's, family lives in Japan and it breaks my heart the devastation that has occured there.  I'm glad to say that all her family were not directly affected by the tsunami and they are safe.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan.

John's organization has started pulling 12 hour shifts, so, he had to work last weekend and again this weekend.  I can't really complain, he's been home all week and we spent a couple warm, spring days venturing out around town.  We tried a new BBQ place, well, new for me...Bogart's Smokehouse, down in the Soulard area.  Great BBQ...everything was tasty.


I wanted to get some more pics of some St. Louis homes, so we headed to the Forest Park area...wow!  The homes in this neighborhood are gorgeous.  Had a little fun with this one.

Coming Home

Spent another day at the Missouri Botanical Gardens, wanted to get some last minute photos of the orchids on exhibit.  They are incredible.  Check out my photoblog for more flower pics.




Some of the flowering trees were already in bloom, which was a surprise!

Spring Light

We also made our first trip out to the historic Jefferson Barracks and National Cemetary.  We've driven by the exit several times and talk about going.  It started out as a really nice day, but those March winds kicked in and it got gusty fast.  Got a couple nice photos out there as well.




Beki's school musical, Jekyll and Hyde, turned out to be a very interesting musical this year, a little dark and depressing, but good.  After Les Mis last year, I'm hoping for a musical that doesn't involve any "lovely ladies" next year.  They did a great job, regardless and Beki had a lot of fun again this year.  Her show choir had a competition this month and they placed in 2nd.  In a couple weeks we head to Branson for the Fame competition.






Ari and Anthony made it in a couple weeks ago for a visit.  I enjoy having them here.  Though this was a working visit for Anthony, he had to play for the band at the women's basketball games over in St. Louis.  So, we didn't get to see them much the couple days they were here.  Miss her tremendously...her busy schedule keeps her from calling much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift

  Delivered this week, a gift I never expected arrived in the mail.  This story begins, it seems a lifetime ago, when I worked at Owens Comm...