Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Beki's Afghan

After making my first Around the Bases Afghan, my daughter, Beki, messages..."Make me one."  Well, I always take note when someone says they want me to make something.  So I decided for her wedding I'd put together a really special version of this afghan.  It started with the popular Sophie's Garden square in the center and then Around the Bases was worked to the end.  Click on the links to go to the free patterns.  It took me almost six months to complete and then had to sit as a surprise until May as their wedding gift.

Her and her new husband love the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team, so I was trying to work the theme into it by using red and white.  Of course, I had to add additional colors to make it prettier.  Needless to say, it was a "homerun."  They loved it. 

My yarn choice was Drops Muskat which comes in 50 gram skeins and cost about $1.86 each.  Below are the amounts I used.

9 -- Red #12 
7 -- Bordeaux #41
6 -- Black #17
9 -- White #18
6 -- Light Grey #19
7 -- Medium Grey #24

G hook for most stitches
H hook for chain and single crochet rounds








I did not get a final measurement before flying it across The Pond to Missouri, but you can see here how big it got.  Here I was working on the final borders.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, girlie! ...and for still sticking around this old blog! :)

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! I just LOVE your colors...so pretty!
    Do you want to adopt me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! :o) Well, thank you for the compliment!

      Delete

Pin It


Pin It!