Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Simple and Soft Crocheted Afghan

I finished up a couple of projects before Christmas that I just haven't had time to get to writing about.  This beautiful afghan was the third one I made in this pattern.  I finally had a chance to make "me" something!  It's super easy and quick...making great gifts.  I've given two as gifts and they loved them.

 
I used 5 skeins Pearl and 5 skeins Seafoam Lion Brand Homespun yarn for my yarn colors.
 
Using two strands of Lion Brand Homespun yarn (one of each color) and a size 16mm or similar size crochet hook, make a chain approximately 45 inches long.  Mine took 62 chains. 
 
Row 1:  Starting in second chain from hook, single crochet across.  Chain 1, turn. 
Row 2-?:  Single crochet across, Chain 1, turn. Repeat until afghan is desired length, approximately 60 inches.  I continued until my piece was about 65 inches long. 
 
Tassels can be added, but this yarn frays ALOT so depends on your preference. 
 




1 comment:

  1. Hmm! do I have a birthday or something coming up?? Oh yeah, Mother's Day!! so nice and soft.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It


Pin It!