Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Broomstick Lace Infinity Scarf

I've become sort of obsessed with this new stitch I learned before Christmas.  I've lost count on how many scarves I've made and given away!  I found the original pattern here at the BHooked Blog.  And since she's got a wonderful video tutorial, I won't go through and tell you how to do the Broomstick Lace Stitch.  I have, however adapted the infinity scarf pattern a little.  After making several of these scarves, I found that when worn, the scarf curls into itself leaving the "wrong" side exposed.  So, I'm hoping I've solved this problem.  Here's the pattern I am now following.


 

Broomstick Lace Infinity Scarf
 

Red Heart Unforgettable yarn - 1 skein or
Hobby Lobby's  Yarn Bee Diva Sequin yarn - 1 skein
I crochet hook (I may have used a J on this one)

Chain 30, attach last chain to your US 50 knitting needle per instructions found at BHooked.
Row 1:  Complete 6 Broomstick Lace Stitches which includes returning with your single crochets.
Row 2:  Ch. 1, turn, SC in back loop in next 30 stitches.

Repeat Rows 1 and 2 28 times with Yarn Bee Diva Sequin yarn.  Additional rows can be added if using Red Heart Unforgettable yarn as their is more in a skein.

You will now have a scarf that is reversible...the same on both sides.  If curling should occur at least it will look nice on either side. :)

1 comment:

Pin It


Pin It!