Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Coming Soon

A couple years ago, I set up an Etsy.com website to post some of my projects and photos.  Etsy is an online marketplace, a place for those creative minds to share their wares.  Never did anything further with it after the initial set up.  But over the past month, I've been considering getting it going again.  After some encouragement from a friend of mine last summer, I started crocheting, wanting to make baby hats to use as photography props for when and if I get to photograph some babies.  John keeps looking at me like I'm crazy and asked what I was going to do with all these hats!  My collection is starting to overflow and I think I could sell these adorable things in my shop along with some of my photography, prints and canvas.  So, be on the lookout soon for the grand opening of Aimee's Photography on Etsy.  The shop's name is Dear to my Heart Photography.  I was trying to come up with a name that would also work for all my photography.  Dear to my Heart grew out of my name, Aimee, which means "Beloved."  Beautiful name...thanks, mom!  When I looked up the meaning of beloved, I got "Dear to the Heart."  I'm really excited about this new shop and hope to be able to share lots of what is Dear to my Heart!

On top of all this, it's been on my heart to start sponsoring some children, not sure through which agency yet.  I heard a radio program recently about hundreds of Compassion children on lists waiting for sponsors, waiting for someone, anyone who will step up and help give them a better life.  We have so much and they have so little.  Then, Ann Voskamp, author of One Thousand Gifts, posted on her blog about their mission trip and the looks on those kids faces brought tears to my eyes.  Finally, a dear friend who adopted a child from Ethiopia, put up a link to Children's Heaven of Ethiopia and I knew without a doubt, we need to help.  I'd like to be able to use some of the proceeds through this shop to help sponsor that which is Dear to God's Heart, children.  So, I need to get organized, get things going, file the proper paperwork and, hopefully, be in business soon.  When the time comes, I hope you will all help spread the word! 

Here's just a sampling of some of the items that will be listed.





 
 

Some of the Patterns courtesy of Repeat Crafter Me.
 
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.     Psalm 16:11 NIV
 

 

2 comments:

  1. God gifted you with talent, now you can gift others through your talent! Love it... And you are welcome!!! You are beloved and Dear to my heart, always!! ♥ MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are positively adorable and I will DEFINITELY help spread the word when it's up and running! Love ya girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It


Pin It!